Sunday, December 9, 2018

Second Life out loud...or not?

   After a while hearing about Second Life relationships and being in a few myself, I reached a point where I asked myself ... In order to keep a Second Life relationship, are there certain things we shouldnt say at loud and just keep for ourselves? 




  Like being married, being a parent, being sick, being very deeply in love, or even hide how we actually look like in Real Life. Should all that really matters in a Second Life Relationship? Is it a healthy relationship if we keep those things for ourselves? 

  And it isnt just about partners, the question includes friends. Why would we invest so much in a place where we feel we shouldnt reveal too much about our truely self...? 
   Recently I met someone that felt like The One. I made one tiny mistake: I didnt read his profile, I never do. Call me silly but I like to get to know someone, not reading and judging by the cover. So after all those "lets see where all this takes us" "lets not think too much" blah blah, he said "But you did read my profile, right? I am married in Real Life, not a happy marriage but yeah, married". There isnt to much to think, right? He was The One....for his wife. 

   After a million calls in Real Life, skype full time for over a month, sharing even bottles of wine together... I couldnt help to wonder: would it have been different if he never told me about his marriage?
  

  M.

No comments:

Post a Comment