Monday, March 18, 2019

Our Digital Selves

This had a lot to do with my decision of starting Les Eclaireurs.



A few months ago I watched this amazing documentary  and I started living the Virtual World froma different perspective. By then I was teaching at Woodcrest University -the best Roleplay community to me-, but I saw that most of my students were there to just fool around, they had multiple alts and no one seemed to even have an idea that some people actually live in Second Life, and that behind the Avatar there is a real human being.

So I left, I started looking for something else, something bigger. Something deeper. Finding mods behaving like assholes around roleplay communities, I felt hopeless seeing that I couldnt even find a place to call HOME. A place with actual streets, not like the Linden homes (my god those are VERY ugly!!!!!! the Second Life Ghettos!). An actual community.

After a research season, I created Les Eclaireurs with the hope of starting an amazing community, no matter how big or how small.........but how REAL it was. I am sure I am not the only one looking to take Second Life to a different level, considering that it isnt The Sims, that there are people behind the avatars. That some arent here to waste time, that we dont have the chance of living certain things in the Physic World. Meetings, concerts, different exhibits at the museum and all kinda events going on with real people that are willing to be part of it, not just be outsiders.

So I started this journey. And because every story has to begin somewhere, my starting point is here, at Les Eclaireurs.

If you would like to join me, I honestly cant be more grateful. And please dont be affraid of contacting me! (not lazy haha)
 http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Jaguar%20Mountains/158/191/24

No comments:

Post a Comment