Friday, December 28, 2018

Back to Life

  It happens to me sometimes that Real Life overwhelms me, so I kinda take a break in Second Life. And then it just happens: Second Life brings me back to Life. To the complete picture, exactly where both RL and SL meet: me

  Does it ever happen to you that Second Life actually brings you back to Life? 



  Rosie is from India and one of my best friends. When she started playing Second Life she was very depressed, it was after a suicide attempt. She had been dating this guy in RL forever and it turns out they couldnt marry because of their caste. 
  
   She was desperate, "I'm too old to start a new relationship with another man, no one will ever want to marry me...my family is so ashamed of me". But soon she reached that point with Second Life, the point where you find your whole self: Rosie finally saw that she wasnt her Caste, she worths more than just a marriage, she didnt have to please her family because she has her own life. Through Second Life she could see things about herself that she had never seen before about people, society and mostly: about herself.

  My friend Paul realized through Second Life that what he really loved was teaching, so he started studying, now he graduated nearly at his 40s and got a job teaching in College. 

  Did you get to that point in Second Life where you actually see yourself? 

   M.

No comments:

Post a Comment