Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Second Life is my life

   I have a friend that has a severe lung condition. In his early 40's he stopped going out, he would have to carry the oxygen with him everywhere, and he hated the idea of people looking at him as the poor sick guy. I met him in Second Life in 2010 and we have been close friends since then. His Second Life is his whole life. 

   Yesterday he had this big New Years Eve party in Second Life and I asked him in private "wouldn't you like to actually meet some of these people? I mean, they have known you forever....". But his partner had already asked him that...he refuses to let them all see him connected to the oxygen 24/7. 

   It made me wonder how many people is living Second Life as their entire full Life? How any get to have experiences that will never have in Real Life? 



  Walking around town, travelling, having drinks out with friends, having all kind of adventures...to some people its not possible to do in Real Life. 

    Second Life is helping a lot of people out there. I am glad I can be part of this and see it happen. 
    
 
 M.

No comments:

Post a Comment