Saturday, January 12, 2019

Monogamous in SL

To be in a couple, do you have to put your Single self on a shelf?

You are single and looking for romance when suddenly you arent only in a relationship, but also in Hell. Your partner is there all the time  and you dont seem to be able to do anything without explaining where you are going, who you are seeing and why you want to do all that without your partner.



"As soon as I was Online he would write to me. I felt the same way I used to feel when i was 13 and my mother was all over me all the time...I didnt have my own life anymore. But if I told him how he was making me feel, he would get so upset. Or sad.
It made me want to run away. I... actually... ran away...I mean, I dont know when it stopped being fun and started being scary!
Do you think that made me romance intolerant?"


In a world like Second life, is it possible to be monogamous without turning our whole lives into "a partnership"? 







No comments:

Post a Comment