Friday, March 1, 2019

Catfish

"I discovered what Catfish was in a TV show a few years ago. I am 26 years old and I have always had a lonely life. You'll see, I am fat. VERY fat. And I am not like those thin models on the ads, and...I am NOT like my avatar in Second Life.

I was so inlove with Marcus that I decided to lie to him. I pretended to be a beautiful curvy latina and sent him tons of pictures of that woman that I didnt even know. Sometimes I really believed I was her, and it felt so amazing to be loved, to be told how beautiful I was.

After almost a year in a partnership with him in Second Life and many excuses to avoid videocalls, one afternoon after work I found myself crying in my car driving home, determined to tell him the truth. I couldnt even take a picture of myself without crying, how could I be so ugly? How could I have lied for so long to the person I loved?



When Marcus saw me he just asked me why I didnt give him the chance of loving me exactly how I am. And I didnt know what to answer.

My avatar now is a Plus Size. I am not ashamed anymore, but I am still working on my self confidence. I am not proud of what I did, but Maria, we cant all be super confident when showing our Real Life faces just like that. We all try to be better...not always to cheat on the other person, but sometimes to feel better about ourselves.

Thank you for sharing my story,

Anon"


No comments:

Post a Comment