Saturday, January 19, 2019

Virtually Human


We all get to the point in Second Life where we ask ourselves how much of my Real Life am I going to involve here?

So many people use the Virtual World as an excuse to be the worse version of themselves. Disrespectful, players, they lose the sense of morality that makes us human.

I was very curious about the whole "Sugar Daddy" thing, so I met this group of Sugar Baby girls.
The conversation between them was like this:

Adda: "Poor thing, he just IMmed me telling me he is quite depressed, he is having an awful time in rl. I'm gonna tp there, told him I could make his day better"
Liz: "Go girl!!! Now is when you talk all sweet to him" Get to that wallet lol!"
Adda: "Duh! I mean look at him...he got so ridiculously mystical about wanting to connect to the 'real me´ and not with the avatar. I mean...darling this is the real me, this perfect flawless avatar that never get messed up, not even messy hair in bed. 



When I asked for how long they have been in this Sugar relationship I couldnt believe it...8 months!!!!! If the person you have been sharing such special moments with, even with a base of money, after EIGHT MONTHS tells you he is having a difficult time in rl and needs your support...are you really just gonna see the wallet?

He must have been quite lonely in RL to come looking for that in SL. Call me old fashioned, but I cant just see a perfect avatar or a wallet. I PERCEIVE the human being behind the screen.

Answering the question I started here with....ever if you dont want to involve your Real Life here, not having the basic human values just make you an asshole, not a perfect flawless avatar.

No comments:

Post a Comment